Cedar Rapids offers plenty of enticing attractions such as art museums, outdoor adventures, and notable architecture that leave visitors wanting more.
However, finding hotels in Cedar Rapids that welcome 18-year-olds can be quite a task, given age policies. But fret not. I've compiled a list of 18+ hotels in Cedar Rapids that embrace younger guests.
Cedar Rapids Hotels with 18+ Check-In
1. Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids
Conveniently located near I-380 and popular attractions, the Hampton Inn provides a range of complimentary services. Guests can enjoy modern facilities and comfy rooms during their stay.
- A delicious free hot breakfast
- A fitness center and indoor swimming pool
- Proximity to numerous recreational activities, such as hiking, fishing, and boating at Coralville Lake
- Easy access to the charming German-style village, Amana Colonies, boasting numerous bakeries and shops
2. Motel 6 - Cedar Rapids, IA
The Motel 6, conveniently located just a mile away from Hawkeye Downs Speedway and four miles from Kirkwood Community College, offers:
- Free parking and around-the-clock front desk service
- Spacious rooms with cable TV, WiFi, and free local calls
- Each room is furnished with a seating area and a work desk
3. Best Western Plus Longbranch Hotel & Convention Center
Located less than a mile from Lindale Mall, Best Western Plus offers:
- An appetizing daily continental breakfast
- An indoor pool and hot tub to help you unwind and refresh
- A fitness center and launderette facility are available
- Every room has free WiFi, a 37-inch flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, and tea/coffee makers
- On-site dining options with Longbranch Restaurant, offering American cuisine from morning until night
4. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cedar Rapids Airport
Situated just off Interstate 380, the Country Inn & Suites is a mere four-minute drive from Eastern Iowa Airport. It offers:
- Complimentary airport shuttle service and WiFi
- Each room has a flat-screen cable TV and conveniences like a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker
- Serves a daily continental breakfast featuring eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, and more
- Features an indoor pool, fitness center, and on-site laundry facilities
5. Econo Lodge Airport
Conveniently located near The University of Iowa, the Econo Lodge Airport Hotel offers easy access to many local attractions.
- Provides laundry facilities and free parking spaces
- 24-hour front desk and the lobby offer a tasteful serving of coffee/tea
- All guest rooms are equipped with free WiFi, cable television, irons, ironing boards, and hair dryers
- Selected rooms also offer microwaves and refrigerators
Related Post: 18+ Hotels in Des Moines
What should 18-year-olds know before booking a hotel room in Cedar Rapids?
Each hotel in Cedar Rapids carries its own set of policies when it comes to allowing 18-year-old guests to check in. However, there are some generalities you can anticipate.
- Age Limit: Some of the hotels in Cedar Rapids allow check-ins for travelers who are 18 years old and older. This is a rather progressive policy, as most hotels require you to be at least 21.
- ID Proof: All hotels that permit 18-year-olds to check in insist on valid identification – a driver's license or a passport. These are used not only as proof of age but also to aid security protocols.
- Credit Card: Hotels often ask for a credit card upon check-in. This is to cover any additional charges that might occur during your stay, such as room service or any damages to the room. If you don't own a credit card, don't fret! Some hotels will accept a cash deposit instead.
It's wise to call any hotel you're interested in to confirm their policies related to 18-year-old guests.
Can 18-year-olds check in without an adult at hotels?
Yes, indeed! You're in luck. In Cedar Rapids, several hotels will allow 18-year-olds to check in without an adult. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you pack your bags and hit the road.
Firstly, while these hotels have a minimum check-in age of 18, the policies may vary slightly from hotel to hotel. They may have different requirements regarding IDs, credit cards, or deposits.
So before you make a booking, ensure you've thoroughly reviewed these policies to avoid any unanticipated troubles at the hotel.
Secondly, while most hotels in Cedar Rapids are pretty accommodating, it's always a great idea to make a quick phone call or send an email to the hotel just to confirm their check-in policies.
This extra step may save you time and provide a sense of certainty, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable visit to the city.
Lastly, and most importantly, remember to act responsibly. Respecting the hotel's policies and other guests goes a long way in ensuring a pleasant stay for everyone.