New Mexico is known for delicious dishes like Carne Adovado and blue corn pancakes. They host the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta and The Gathering of Nations. If you’re into UFOs and aliens, a trip to Roswell is a must.
But finding a place to rest your head in between adventures can be difficult for anyone under 21. So here are hotels in New Mexico with 18+ check-in.
Hotels in New Mexico with 18+ Check-In
3 Star Hotels:
- Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North
- Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
- Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque
- The Querque Hotel
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Albuquerque University Area
- Courtyard by Marriott Albuquerque Airport
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Albuquerque I-40 Eubank
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North
4 Star Hotels:
2 Star Hotels:
- Motel 6-Albuquerque, NM - South - Airport
- Motel 6-Albuquerque, NM - North
- Motel 6-Albuquerque, NM - Carlisle
- Econo Lodge Old Town Albuquerque
- Siegel Select Albuquerque 2
- Suburban Studios
- Extend-A-Suites Albuquerque West
- Rodeway Inn Albuquerque Downtown on Rt 66
- Motel 6 Albuquerque Northeast
- Studio 6-Albuquerque, NM - North
- Sandia Peak Inn at Old Town Albuquerque
2. Las Cruces
- Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces
- Comfort Inn & Suites Las Cruces Mesilla
- Super 8 by Wyndham Las Cruces/White Sands Area
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Las Cruces, an IHG Hotel
- La Quinta by Wyndham Las Cruces Organ Mountain
- Hampton Inn & Suites Las Cruces I-25
- Sleep Inn University
- Best Western Mission Inn
- Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces
- Motel 6-Las Cruces, NM - Telshor
- Super 8 by Wyndham Las Cruces/La Posada Lane
How Old Do You Have To Be to Rent a Hotel Room in New Mexico?
You have to be 18 to rent a room legally in New Mexico. However, many hotels set a higher age requirement of 21.
Alternatives to Hotels for 18-Year-Olds
When you turn 18, you have more freedom than ever before, and what better way to celebrate that than traveling to New Mexico, “The Land of Enchantment?”
Whether you have a hard time finding a hotel as an 18-year-old or want something a little different from the standard hotel, here are some alternatives.
A stay in a youth hostel will be low-privacy, with bunk beds, shared rooms, and shared bathrooms, but they usually have kitchens, computers, and tons of people to meet.
If you’re comfortable or accustomed to sharing small spaces, then hostels are an excellent alternative to hotels. They offer friendly environments and are much less expensive.
The thing about hotels is that you’re always going to get the same type of amenities, like free Wi-Fi, in-room coffee, and access to the fitness room. What if you want to immerse yourself in New Mexico?
Airbnb has a youth-friendly rental policy with only a few restrictions. Hosts cannot change their policies on you, ensuring you don’t have to fret about unwanted surprises.
Why stay in one place when you can get a campervan and take your place wherever you go in New Mexico?
While renting a vehicle as an 18-year-old can be just as difficult as renting a hotel room, there are options to consider.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about checking into a hotel room as an 18-year-old.
Is it legal for an 18-year-old to check into a hotel in New Mexico?
It is legal to rent a hotel in New Mexico at 18. However, you might still have a hard time because hotels still get to set their own age policies.
If it’s legal for me to check into a hotel in New Mexico, why do so many have an age requirement of 21?
Hotels are businesses, and businesses are ruled by the bottom line.
Insurance policies are more expensive for hotels that allow 18-year-olds to check-in. There can also be legal issues related to underage drinking.
Will I need an I.D. to check in as an 18-year-old?
You will. Hotel guests must have I.D., no matter their age. If you’re worried your form of I.D. won’t be sufficient, call the hotel first to check
What else do I need to check into a hotel as an 18-year-old?
Besides I.D., you’ll need a credit card to check in to a hotel. Debit cards should work.