When traveling through Colorado, you might need help finding accommodations that allow 18-year-olds to check in for the night.
You may run into several hotels that don’t allow it. However, many hotels do, which are within the list below.
Hotels in Colorado with 18+ Check-In
3 Star Hotels:
- Drury Inn and Suites Denver Central Park
- Hilton Denver City Center
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Downtown
- Hyatt Place Pena Station/Denver Airport
- Staybridge Suites Denver International Airport, an IHG Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Cherry Creek, CO
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport
- Residence Inn Denver City Center
- Holiday Inn Express Denver Downtown, an IHG Hotel
4 Star Hotels:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Denver Central Park
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, an IHG Hotel
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
- The Oxford Hotel
- Warwick Denver
- The Rally Hotel at McGregor Square
- Catbird Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver/Cherry Creek
- The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection
- Sentral Union Station
- Grand Hyatt Denver
5 Star Hotel:
2 Star Hotels:
2. Colorado Springs
- Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs Near the Air Force Academy
- Quality Inn Airport
- The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs
- Quality Inn South Colorado Springs
- Hyatt House Colorado Springs Airport
- The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Colorado Springs-Air Force Academy/I-25 North
- La Quinta by Wyndham Colorado Springs South Airport
- Kinship Landing
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Colorado Springs-Airport, an IHG Hotel
- Hyatt Place Colorado Springs Garden Of The Gods
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Colorado Springs East
- Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport
- Nevada Flats Hotel
- Econo Lodge Downtown Colorado Springs
- Extended Stay America Select Suites - Colorado Springs - Airport
How Old Do You Have To Be To Get a Hotel Room in Colorado?
In Colorado, individuals can check in to a hotel room at age 18. While this is legal within the state, not all accommodations allow it and require a guest to be 21.
Thankfully, if you cannot find a suitable hotel room for your stay, other options are available, which are included on this page.
Alternatives to Hotels for 18-Year-Olds
As stated above, finding a hotel that allows guests under 21 to check in for a night can be challenging. However, if you find yourself in this situation, you can rest assured that other options are available.
Having exploded in popularity in recent years, using Airbnb has become more common when visiting a new area. You can search the company website for a home or apartment that meets your needs and reserve it for the dates you like.
It’s worth noting that some residences on the Airbnb website require the owner to approve the reservation before check-in. Therefore, if you plan to book something last minute, be sure that prior approval isn’t a requirement.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, booking a space at a local hostel is a good option. Many have separate rooms or bunks that give you storage and privacy. Additionally, you often have access to a communal kitchen and bathroom.
Because of the cheap price point, hostels tend to fill up fast. Be sure to call in advance to guarantee a room or bunk.
A newer trend among the younger crowd is renting a campervan to explore as you go. These vans have a bed and a small kitchenette in the back, so you can stop anytime to rest.
Before reserving, plot out your approximate stops and determine the costs ahead of time for campgrounds. You can also find free places to park overnight, such as Cracker Barrel and Walmart.
A lot of stress can come with securing a place to stay when you’re under 21. Below are some of the top questions on the subject.
Will I need an I.D. to check in as an 18-year-old?
All hotels require the guest checking in to have a valid form of identification, regardless of age.
Will I need a credit card to check in as an 18-year-old?
It is common practice to present a credit card to check in to a hotel. While some hotels accept cash, it isn’t typical or standard.
Is it legal for an 18-year-old to check in to a hotel in Colorado?
It is legal for an 18-year-old to check into a hotel in Colorado. However, some places require a guest to be 21 years of age instead.
Why do some hotels in Colorado have an age requirement of 21?
When it comes to the age requirement, hotels have the final say. At times their insurance plan won’t allow guests under 21 to check in, and some hotel owners see it as a liability.