As an 18-year-old, it is the perfect time for you to hit the road and explore all that North Dakota has to offer.
Here are the best hotels in North Dakota that allow 18+ check-in
Hotels in North Dakota with 18+ Check-In
- Candlewood Suites Fargo-North Dakota State University, an IHG Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fargo, ND
- Fargo Inn and Suites
- Holiday Inn Fargo, an IHG Hotel
- Quality Suites Near West Acres
- Radisson Blu Fargo
- AmericInn by Wyndham Fargo Medical Center
- Homewood Suites By Hilton West Fargo/Sanford Medical Center
- DoubleTree by Hilton West Fargo Sanford Medical Center Area
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fargo Medical Center
- Courtyard by Marriott Fargo
- Holiday Inn Express Fargo SW I94 Medical Center, an IHG Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo
- Comfort Suites Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, an IHG Hotel
- Sleep Inn & Suites Fargo Medical Center
- Motel 6-Fargo, ND - South
- Motel 6-Fargo, ND - West Acres - North Fargo
- Wingate by Wyndham - Bismarck
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bismarck, ND
- Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bismarck
- Radisson Hotel Bismarck
- Bismarck Hotel and Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Bismarck, an IHG Hotel
- My Place Hotel-Bismarck, ND
- Motel 6-Bismarck, ND
- Comfort Inn Bismarck
- MainStay Suites Bismarck
How old do you have to be to rent a hotel room in North Dakota?
You must be at least 18 years old to rent a hotel room in North Dakota. However, hotels set their own policies, and it can be tricky to find one if you are under 21.
Alternatives to Hotels for 18-Year-Olds
Having a hard time finding a decent hotel that will let you check-in as an 18-year-old? Here are some great alternatives.
Youth hostels exist to serve younger travelers. Hostel prices are usually a fraction of what a hotel would run you. They also tend to be lively places, sometimes hosting group activities or group meals.
While rooms are dormitory style with bunk beds, most hostels have co-ed, female, and male dorms, so you can book what you’re more comfortable with. Some hostels even offer private rooms for a higher fee.
No matter how old you are, you’ll probably not find a hotel in the woods or nestled beside a lake. In a hotel, you won’t have a private porch with an unobstructed view of the sun sinking into the horizon.
Airbnb has an under-25-friendly policy, and hosts can’t change the age policy.
Here are some more things you’ll need to know before checking in to a hotel as an 18-year-old.
What do I need to check in as an 18-year-old?
You will need to present an I.D. and a credit card upon check-in, even if you have already paid.
What if I don’t have a driver’s license?
You can use a state-issued identification card. Most hotels will accept other forms of I.D., such as passports and military I.D.
What if I don’t have a credit card?
Your bank debit card should work as long as it has a credit card logo like Visa or Mastercard. If you don’t have a bank account, contact the hotel to see what else they will accept.
Is it legal for an 18-year-old to check in to a hotel in North Dakota?
Yes, it is absolutely legal.
Why is it so hard to find a hotel in North Dakota that lets me check in as an 18-year-old?
So, while it is legal for 18-year-olds to rent hotel rooms in North Dakota, hotels get to set their own age policies.
Even though you are technically an adult at 18, hotels are worried about irresponsible behavior such as vandalism, theft, underage drinking, and noise disturbances, so they raise the age requirements to be safe.