If you are planning on visiting a friend or gearing up for a big post-graduation road trip, you want to ensure you have a safe and comfortable place to stay in Cincinnati and wherever else the traveling bug may take you!
This guide will give you the information you need as an 18-year-old looking for a hotel in Cincinnati.
Hotels in Cincinnati With 18+ Check-in
- Graduate Cincinnati
- Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
- The Summit Hotel
- The Lytle Park Hotel, Autograph Collection
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Cincinnati Midtown
- AC Hotel by Marriott Cincinnati at The Banks
- Residence Inn by Marriott Cincinnati Downtown/The Phelps
- Staybridge Suites - Cincinnati East - Milford, an IHG Hotel
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cincinnati Uptown/University Area
- Amazing Two Bedroom Condo minutes from Paul Brown Stadium 607
- 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati
- Lavish Downtown Condo with Rooftop Lounge 337
- Symphony Hotel & Restaurant
- The Westin Cincinnati
- Cincy Dream! Walk to Zoo, UC, hospitals, and Short Vine district
If you’re looking for a Cincinnati hotel with an 18+ check-in, the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza is a great place to start.
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
This Hilton hotel is right in the heart of downtown, across from Fountain Square, and within walking distance of many popular attractions. It also has plenty of amenities and features, including the following:
- 15-minute walk to the Paul Brown Stadium
- Free in-room WiFi and coffee maker
- On-site parking for a fee
- Laundry and dry cleaning services
- 24-hour front desk
- Two on-site restaurants
- On-site barbershop, beauty salon, gift shop, and clothing shop
- Accessible rooms
- Fitness center
How Old Do You Have to Be To Rent A Hotel Room in Cincinnati?
You must be 18 years old to legally rent a hotel room in Cincinnati, Ohio.
However, hotels do have the ability to set and enforce their own age requirements. Always check the hotel’s policy before booking a room, as most hotels in the area have a minimum check-in age of 21.
Alternatives to Hotels for 18-Year-Olds
When looking for a place to stay in Cincinnati as an 18-year-old, there are other options besides standard hotels.
Airbnb is an excellent choice if you want a room in a specific part of Cincinnati. It’s also a great option if you’re looking for a place to stay with a kitchen, household amenities, and character.
Airbnb hosts get to set their age requirement policies. Most hosts allow guests 18+ to check-in. However, you should always check and then re-check before your trip to avoid disappointment.
Youth hostels are another excellent option if you’re having difficulty finding a place to stay as an 18-year-old.
Hostels often cater to younger people and are usually located downtown or in high-traffic tourist areas.
The upside is that hostels are cheaper than hotels. Some hostels have planned activities, and most also have kitchens you can use.
The downside is that the rooms are usually dormitories with bunk beds. Most hostels will have a mix of coed and single-sex dorms. Some hostels also have private rooms for a higher rate.
Here are some common questions about booking a hotel room as an 18-year-old.
Will I need an I.D. to check in as an 18-year-old?
Yes. You must present your I.D. to check in to any hotel.
Will I need a credit card to check in as an 18-year-old?
Yes, as most hotels require a credit card at check-in.
Is it legal for an 18-year-old to check in to a hotel in Cincinnati?
As long as it is within the hotel’s policy, an 18-year-old can legally check into a hotel.
Why do some hotels in Cincinnati have an age requirement of 21?
Due to legal liability issues and insurance rates, most hotels in the U.S. have a minimum check-in age of 21.
Find under 21 hotels in other cities in Ohio: